“My name is Johnny and I am a podcast junkie.”
It all started when someone sent me a 99% Invisible episode to my email - I have been hooked since. I immediately fell in love this medium of creativity, knowledge, storytelling, and DIY spirit. It reminds me of the disruption, energy, and excitement of the first decade of punk rock. Someone has an idea, a story, a perspective and they can share it with the world without a huge following, production, or budget. Podcast giants like NPR, This American Life, Roman Mar, and Alex Blumberg have their flavor and are always delivering mind-blowing and world-class infotainment episodes. But, my favorite feeling is finding the smaller and more indie podcasts like Scott Carrier’s beautiful and personal Home Of The Brave or Nick Mateo’s incredible slices of hidden history with The Memory Palace. There is a huge world of podcast entertainment on-demand on the internet. The purpose of FOP is to help others find some the best shows in this bountiful sea of podcast goodness. Thanks for visiting fanofpodcast.com and letting me share my favorite podcast moments.
Want to help the podcast world?
1) Review your favorite podcasts on iTunes. This really helps search rankings and makes it easier for others find these great shows.
2) Subscribe to your favorite podcasts.
3) Donate to your favorite podcasts on their websites.
4) Share with and tell your friends about the Podcast World and all the great, entertaining shows that you love.
Best ways to find and listen to podcasts
1) Apple Podcast App
2) Overcast App
3) Stitcher App
4) Pocket Cast
5) NPR One App - NPR programming only
6) Straight from the podcast websites
7) Weekly on fanofpodcast.com (sorry, shameless plug)